BACK TO PHYLOGENY SLIDESHOW PETM IMAGE
MAYA-GAIA INTRODUCTION & SITEMAP
LATE PALEOCENE BIOTA 56 MYA - WYOMING - Detail 2
- COPAIFERA (Bean Family)
- CHRIACUS a raccon-like Paleocene holdover.
- SUZANNIWANA a new reptile arrival from the south
- DIACODEXIS was an early artiodactyl.
- HYRACOTHERIUM was a perissodactyl, the first horse.
- CANTIUS, a small primate with two modern features: front-facing eyes and grasping hands.
- ECTOCION was an early mammal that lasted into the Eocene
- DAWN REDWOOD